CrossRoads: A Global Methodist Church is now hiring!
The position would be Administrative Assistant.
- Part Time, 17-20 hours per week
- Tues-Fri, 9:00AM - 3:00PM (includes 1 hour unpaid lunch period)
- Fill-in on Sunday as needed to run computer and attend evening monthly meetings (hours added).
To perform clerical and administrative tasks, under the general day-to-day supervision of the Pastor, that will support the overall function and activities of the church. The Administrative Assistant is on the frontlines and is often the first person the public talks to or sees as the initial representation of CrossRoads. For the church to do ministry in may areas, adequate support and administration for all ministries is essential. The Administrative Assistant must create an environment that is inviting to anyone passing through and is comforting and calming to those who may be dealing with stress or confusion. His/her primary function is to oversee all activities of the church office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing newsletters
- Preparing bulletins for services
- Preparing slides for worship services
- Sending and receiving emails
- Paying bills
- Depositing monthly taxes, filling out 941 quarterly
- Preparing W-2s
- Annual Audit
- Spreadsheets and reports for finance committee
- Answering telephone & checking answering machine
- Maintain office equipment, schedule maintenance as needed
- Recording weekly giving for members
- Preparing end of year reports for all givers
- Counting and depositing offering and designated giving
- Maintaining database of church members
- Making automated calls and texts
- Attending some meetings
- Ordering supplies
- Prayer ministry coordinator
- Preparing schedules for liturgist, greeters, etc.
- Maintaining church calendar
- Requires using Microsoft Word, Publisher, Access, Excel
- Use of ProPresenter for worship screen slides
Reports to: Pastor
Required Skills and Personal Traits
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and a strong desire to serve within a church.
- Outstanding interpersonal people skills (i.e., "I care").
- Excellent clerical, communications, computer, attention to detail and organizational skills
- The ability to discern needs and take initiative to meet those needs.
- Highly effective verbal, writing, editorial, and publishing skills.
- Must have a professional attitude and display a servant's heart.
- Ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality. Wisdom to refrain from indiscriminately sharing information is critical.
- Willingness to learn new skills, work as a team player and overall dependability and accessibility are very important.
- Personal integrity must be above reproach.
For more information, please contact CrossRoads at 573-624-3344 or stop in at 501 S. Walnut Street.